The South Bay has an awesome little secret- Static Beach. It’s a little radio station located just off Pier Avenue in Hermosa Beach that puts out a big sound. Their motto is to ‘Broadcast the Beach to the rest of the world.” Although their station isn’t on the radio in the South Bay, it is on other stations across the globe and most importantly- they stream on the internet! Plus, their iPhone app is amazing, I always have it going while I’m at work and I know I’ve gotten many friends addicted to the beach-vibe radio.
Check out their top 20 picks for a rockin’ summer playlist.
1. Local artist – Nick Shattuck– Late Night Dreaming (He often does guitar-case concerts on the Manhattan Beach Pier)
2. Local artis t- Clayton Joseph Scott– Andrea
3. Local artist – Dave Boodakian– Livin the Good Life
4. Weezer – Island in the Sun (My all time favorite song)
5. Len – Steal my Sunshine
6. Michael Franti & Spearhead – The Sound of Sunshine
7. Uncle Kracker – Drift Away
8. Kenny Chesney – When the Sun Goes Down
9. Mungo Jerry – In the Summertime
10. Smashmouth – Walkin on the Sun
11. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – Summertime
12. Dirty Heads w/Rome – Lay Me Down
13. Long Beach Dub Allstars – Sunny Hours ft. will.i.am
14. Beach Boys- Sloop John B
15. Sheryl Crow – Soak up the Sun, and All I Wanna Do
16. Brown Eyed Girl- Everclear (remake)
17. Kid Rock – All Summer Long
18. Nelly – Hot in Herre
19. Otis Redding – Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
Thanks for the playlist Static Beach Radio!
What’s on your summer playlist?